“It's not just the making of babies, but the making of mothers that midwives see as the miracle of birth.”
BARBARA KATZ ROTHMAN
Liz & Helen
Liz and Helen have many years of midwifery experience between them having worked in the UK, Australia and Ireland.
They firmly believe that having accurate knowledge will empower you in making decisions in partnership with your midwife who is a key caregiver during your pregnancy, birth and early days of parenting.
As mothers themselves they understand the joys, jitters and jubilation's of mothering!
"After qualifying as a midwife in 1998 at The West Middlesex University Hospital I worked in a number of maternity units gaining experience in home-birth, hospital birth, water-birth and antenatal education.
Most recently I was a midwifery manager at The University Maternity Hospital Limerick managing the Community midwifery service helping many new families adjust to parenthood at home.
Areas of Interest
I have particular interest in supporting new mothers and their partners adapting to parenthood. I am an advocate of effective communication between pregnant women and their care providers within the maternity services."
- 2007 - MSc Midwifery Studies, University of Limerick
- 2006 - Graduate Diploma Midwifery Studies, University of Limerick
- 1998 - BSc (Hons) Midwifery Studies, Thames Valley University London
- 1994 - Registered General Nurse, West Middlesex University Hospital London
"I qualified as a midwife in 1997 at the Rotunda Hospital Dublin. I gained experience in all areas of midwifery having worked in Dublin, Australia and Saudi Arabia. I currently work in The University Hospital Limerick providing breastfeeding support and antenatal education.
The wonderful experience of feeding my own children ignited an interest in breastfeeding and I am now qualified as a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I am passionate about helping new mothers achieve their breastfeeding goals. I am a member of ALCI (Association of Lactation Consultants Ireland) and have recently served on council.I regularly attend conferences and seminars to keep myself up to date. I was delighted to have been shortlisted for Midwife of The Year by Friends of Breastfeeding in 2019 "
- 2018 Preparation for Birth and Parenthood Facilitation (Certified Birth Educator with UCC )
- 2016 - Diploma in Hypnobirthing
- 2015 - Certified IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- 2006 - Certified IBCLC
- 1997 - Registered Midwife, Rotunda Hospital Dublin
- 1993 - Registered General Nurse, Cork University Hospital